About Beta Alpha Psi
Welcome to Beta Alpha Psi. We are a national honorary accounting, finance, and information systems society for students who have proven academic excellence in the study of business. Beta Alpha Psi's purpose is to prepare business students to participate in the professional business environment by providing exposure to current accounting and financial issues, technical applications, and professional and social activities. Our goal is to provide for our members the most up-to-date information in the various areas affecting their career. Obtaining such knowledge makes our members more marketable and valuable in the business world.
About the Mu Chapter
Beta Alpha Psi is the premier National Honor Society for Financial Information Professionals open to men and women that have proven their academic excellence. The purpose of the organization is to prepare students to succeed in the professional business environment by providing exposure to key issues in accounting, finance, and information systems. Our members and candidates are provided with the opportunity to mingle with top executives of many firms in a variety of industries as well as to partake in fun and rewarding community service and social activities!
The Mu Chapter's goal is to provide the most current information for our members and candidates with respect to the relevant forces shaping their careers. Obtaining such knowledge makes our members and pledges more marketable and ultimately, a greater value-add to the business world.
The Mu Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi encourages a sense of ethical, moral, and public responsibility. In recognition of the value and rewards of giving back to the community, we are involved in a number of service initiatives. Complementing these professional activities are our Social Events, which include billiards, laser tag, karaoke, and much more! Beta Alpha Psi is a national organization, with 296 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated.
Benefits of Joining Beta Alpha Psi
- Discover and pursue career opportunities in the fields of accounting, finance, and information systems by attending the Society's comprehensive series of Professional Presentations.
- Meet and network with professionals and recruiters from leading professional services firms at our Corporate Mingles and Candidate Initiation Banquets.
- Learn how to effectively prepare your resumes and cover letters. Build confidence and improve interpersonal communication skills.
- Learn more about summer internships, job experiences, and get advice from fellow Members and Alumni of Beta Alpha Psi.
- Members and Candidates are eligible to participate in our exclusive resume collections for internship and full-time opportunities.
- Make friends and have fun at each of the Society's social events.
- Make a difference in the community and provide your assistance to other members of the student body by actively taking part in the tutoring program as well as other community service initiatives the Society will coordinate.
- Meet new people, develop leadership skills, and enhance your presentation and communication capabilities by becoming an active participant.